Wednesday 27 October 2010

Joe's work experience report by Ben. Part 1


Hello. I am Ben and on yesterday (Monday) Joe came to 'experience work' in the place that is where I do work on a 'work experience' placement. I have decided to diarise the whole experience to show how much fun doing work can be.

Monday: Joe and I had a tea break together. He's not in my department so we have to 'do lunch' and other lady like things. Takes a lot or organising though. I made Joe tea. He had milk and one sugar. He asked lots of questions like that annoying Ginger kid in that advert in the tv which I think is for not having Ginger children. Or something like that.
We did not 'do lunch' though as I had to go home to get mine. Joe had fish and chips. In the afternoon he came to say goodbye and said he'd spent the day interviewing a 10 year old girl. I'm not sure if this was a work experience thing though. Another term for interview is grilling. Grilling is a form of cooking, like roasting. I suspect this was actually what Joe was doing all afternoon.

Tuesday was a super good day although we did not tea break together. At lunch time we had packed lunch. Joe had cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches and a whole baby roast chicken. He likes to roast he told me. I had a cheddar cheese sandwich on stale bread. Then we went to a supermarket. I bought cheese and bread and a get well soon card. Joe took pictures of semi naked babies doing their favourite sex positions. My favourite was the 'doggy style' baby whereas Joe preferred the 'cowering in the corner' position. Joe came to say goodbye and I told my work colleagues that I had no idea who he was and I think he's a mental kid on day release who has taken a shine to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment